Cupcake Ice Cream Cones
I have to say like most people now a days when I am looking for something fun and unique to do I hop on Pinterest to get inspired. I have had a few success stories and of course a few flops. Recently we have attended a number of picnics, school parties and graduations so I was looking for a cute, fun treat that I could bring.
I have tried Ice Cream cone cupcakes before as I am a huge fan of cupcakes and anyway to make them new and exciti
1) Start with your favourite cake batter – Mine is Betty Crocker with the rainbow bits (If you haven’t figured it out already I have a huge sweet tooth)
2) Mix it as normal in a bowl and place the paper liners in the cupcake tray as normal
3) Fill each liner 3/4 the way full of batter – do not add too much
This is where the little trick comes it
4) Place the cones upside down over the cupcakes and then bake as normal. If you take the time to place them nicely (covering the liners) the batter will make a nice shape that looks like an ice cream cone.
5) Once the cupcakes are out of the oven and cooled take the paper liners off
6) Now comes the fun part to ice and decorate the cupcakes – remember you may need more icing than normal as you are covering more cupcake
If you have to transport the cupcakes it can be a little tricky, but I found an empty egg carton and made holes in it so my cones could sit in the carton or if you were planning ahead you could collects a few trays from Mc Donalds.
Have fun, be creative and watch the little faces when they think it is real ice cream!